Friday, September 17, 2010

Lily Of The Valley Challenge - A Sketch



Today I finally got some time to play with my baby Lily Of The Valleys. I love these little darlings. This is the Baby Girl stamp that I bought. I enjoyed coloring them so much. I decided to color them with my Derwent pencil crayons and mineral spirits. I haven't pulled them out for a little while, and it was fun to get into them again, but I sure missed my copics and the brightness that they give. I used some old paper that I had won at a crop and it doesn't have any name on it, sorry. I added some Prima flowers and Magnolia rosebuds. I twirled the leftover metal from the flowers into little swirls and added them on. I put a pink rhinestone on the wheels and one on her bow and she was all done. I hope you like it, I sure enjoyed making it. I'm entering it into the Lily Of The Valley challenge which is this fabulous sketch.



Why not pull out those darling LOTV stamps and try your hand at it. Hope everyone has had a great week.

Hugs xx
Carolyn

10 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Carolyn,
This is a gorgeous card. I love the colours and the lace in the background. The flowers are lovely and the image is just so cute. Wonderful work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

dolcreations said...

This is one darling card! I love the soft browns and pinks together! The little rhinestones are so adorable,especially that little one in her little bow!

Mephisto said...

Really lovely card.
Thanks for joining in the LotV-Challenge this week.

Domi

scrapperjulia said...

This is such a sweet card! Love your coloring!

Joey said...

awwwwwwwwwww this is so cute I adore your colourwork. Joey.x

Nicecrane Designs said...

Love it, love it love it and more love it,,,.,,wowwww......

Pop's Cards said...

This is so pretty honey in gorgeous colours, thank you for joining us at LOTV hugs Pops x xx

Tanya said...

Very cute Carolyn. Sweet little stamp!

Dorcas said...

THis is just precious, Carolyn! I love it! Thanks for your comment on my blog. :-) To answer your question, yes, I used a nestie to shape my image and then hand cut two more mats using the shape of the nestie as a guide. It always seems that I have to use the largest nestie in the set for my image and then I'm stuck with the scissors..but for the most part it works out ok. :-) You do beautiful work by the way.

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful info you supply for your articles.
I will bookmark your blog and test once more right here regularly.

I am relatively certain I will learn lots of new stuff
right right here! Good luck for the next!

Review my page - Air Jordan Pas Cher