Sunday, October 17, 2010

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - No Cards Allowed










Well this is going to be an amazing Challenge as over here at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge we are looking for anything but a card this week. This leaves it wide open for you to get those creative juices flowing and come up with something amazing and original.

For my project I decided to do a trick or treat bag for my daughter who's 9. I found a white canvas bag at our local craft store Michaels. I use 3 colors of my Tim Holtz Distressed Inks and dabbed them on my craft pad. I then misted them with water and stuck my hand in the bag and started pressing randomly in different colors until I achieved something I was happy with. After the bag dried, I stamped a black cat, (not sure the stamp company) along the bottom of the bag, and some bats on the bag hear and there. I then didn't think they were black enough so I went over them with my Black Gelly Pen. I added googly eyes to the bats and cats. For my Spiders I put a big blob of Stickles, and with my Gelly Pen I drew the legs and web. I added the googly eyes to them as well. I stamped Happy Halloween with on the bag and went over it again with the Gelly Pen. I also made matching 3" x 3" cards done with the same technic. After I tye dyed the card I stamped some words from a stamp company that I visited out side of New York City. The work block stamp had spiders on it. Then I added different colored Stickles to their bodies on the card.

We have 2 Fabulous prizes this week.

The first is from Leonie, one of DT Members.



What a fabulous prize Leonie, thanks!!

The 2nd prize is from Meljens Designs and you get 4 images of your choice. What fabulous prize from Meljens.

Let's get creating this week friends and show us your work.

Hugs xx
Carolyn

2 comments:

dolcreations said...

Carolyn this is such a great idea! I never would have thought of using the distress inks like that! LOVE the little bats all over. The cards to match are fantastic too!

Pauline said...

Oooh, love your spooky bag, your daughter will be thrilled (or chilled?!), and the cute little cards to match, fab!