Saturday, September 4, 2010

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Distress

This week we are looking for distressed cards. I struggle with this technique all the time. I never really know what to do and what exactly is considered distressed. So how I handled it was I scraped all my papers around the edges with sandpaper. Unfortunately it doesn't show too much. For my card I used my new paper pack called Oliver by Basic Grey. I love the boyish colors in this line of papers. My image is from the fabulous stamp company Lily Of The Valley. He's called "Gone Fishing". I think he's darling. I colored him with my copics. I added some twine, and threw a little fish charm from my sash on the twine.

This week our sponsor is My Favorite Things. They are offering a fantastic

$25.00 Gift Certificate.

We have another fabulous sponsor. They are Meljen's Designs. Their prize is a choice of

Four Free Digital Designs.
So let's see what you can come up with by Saturday Midnight.

Hugs xx
Carolyn

13 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Carolyn,
I love this man card. Beautiful papers and layout. fabulous colours and a gorgeous image. I love LOTV. The fish charm just finishes it off.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Debbie said...

PERFECT disressing to me Carloyn, a brilliant job. Thats the way I distress too, and occasionally open your scissors and put the paper in the open legs and cuff them up and down the paper, that works too, don't be afraid to have chunks out of the paper or rolled edges, but you have made this card great and i love this LOTV image. Papers are very nice. Debbiexx

Debbie said...

Me again, meant to say love your blog background, very nice indeed. Debbeixx

Anonymous said...

you got the distressing just perfect!

dolcreations said...

This is a great little boy card! Great distressing job...I so love that paper!
P.S. Heading to Pointers Sept.18th for an all day crop....its free. I'm not sure if you are free that day.

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Carolyn,Just paying a little visit,as a new member of SSC team. Looking forward to work with you.
Hugs.
Danielle.

Marjo said...

Hi Carolyn,

This is the cutest male card..wonderful DT inspiration!

Hugs, Marjo

Sprytebyrd said...

I love this card, Carolyn! Such great colors and I love the sandpaper idea! I always use scissors and one of these days I'm sure to slice myself! Until then, I'll only distress when I have to! LOL!
Hugs,
Dee

Graphicat said...

this is an adorable image!! And I just love those BG papers! Awesome job this week!
cheers
Cheri

Adria Slauterbeck said...

love those colors in the papers and your image! such a nice "boy" card! The added sanding was a perfect touch :)

Basslady said...

this image is so adorable!

awesome, how sweet and cute this card is!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

nicecranedesigns said...

So cute so unique, I love how you used colors here and allover the colors on the stamp,,,,,,really amazing,,,, i adore your style....

Anonymous said...

Исходя из своих наблюдений за самой же собой, я пришла к выводу, что работа лишает даму многих неплохих свойств, таких как мягкосердечность, скромность, простодушие...
К сожалению, очень важность моего выхода на работу это изобретение не отменяет. Поэтому, разуверьте меня в том, что я выше написала! ))

[url=http://pi7.ru/go/serial.php]Вообще любой сериал и особенно новинки я качаю тут [/url]