Sunday, May 30, 2010

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Life's A Beach




This week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge we are doing cards and projects that show how Life is a Beach. We have a fabulous sponsor and we all used her fabulous digitals for this weeks challenge. Our sponsor this week is


They are offering $10.00 worth of Shirley's 2 Girls Digital stamps. Fabulous images, you must check it out. Click on the image and it will take you to their site. For my card I chose the image called Cocktails. I couldn't think of anything more to do on the beach then sit back with a fabulous dacquari. Shirley allowed us all to chose a digital to use in the challenge, how generous.

For my image I colored with copics. I added liquid glass over all three glasses to make them look real. On the rim of the Dacquari and Margaritta I added a line of glue and sprinkled some martha stewart snow to look like someone sugared/salted the rims. I then added some glitter on the swirls. For the ground I added some brown fun flock to give it a sandy look. I used a sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms. They have the absolute best sentiments. I was able to use my new Martha Stewart sea punch for the strip done with Bo Bunny dots. My striped paper is from 3 Bugs In A Rug and is called Savannah. I used some coral cardstock and ran it through my Big Shot in a Divine Swirl Cuttlebug Embossing Folder because it looked like waves to me.

This is a fun summery challenge and I look forward to seeing what you all create.

I know I've been a little blog shy lately but just letting my blogger friends know that I am working on 3 big projects for my kids, school albums with all their school pictures and it's consuming most of my time. I hope to be back in action in the next couple of weeks when the big project is over. I have 3 kids graduating school this June and am preparring their graduation gifts. I miss getting time to just sit and color. Hasn't stopped me from buying though, lol.

Hugs xx
Carolyn

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Carolyn,
Lovely to see you back and your lovely work. This is so sweet, love the sand castle and beach border. The little drinks are fab, they would look lovely in the Scrapbook I am doing for my daughters holiday in Egypt with her boyfrined...They drank a few cocktails and have some lovely piccies of them drinking them.
Is it lovely making all those books? I love it. I Have made 45 so far, lots of those were for people who brought me their photo's and asked me to do it for them. Others were for family and friends. I have done 18th to 60th Birthdays, Wedding anni's baby's etc..and in July I have another to do, for a man's 60th. Cannot get enough me!!!
Take care and nice to see your work.
Debbie

dolcreations said...

Lots of creativity here Carolyn...such a great idea! Maybe once you are done all your scrapbooking grad books you will be able to sit down and actually enjoy one of these by the pool! I hope you post all your work!!!

Adria Slauterbeck said...

This is MY KIND of beach image!! i LOVE all your little details.
SUPER FUN card, Carolyn!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Cute card and I love how you hung the charm!!