Monday, April 5, 2010

Just Magnolia Week #49 Fold It / Magnolia Down Under - Thank You





My card for the Just Magnolia Challenge which is to have folds in it. I found the turtorial for this card on the Sugar Nellie Blog. Here is the link to make one http://sugarnellie.blogspot.com/2010/03/shaped-card-tutorial-by-tiets.html.

For my card I used Cosmo Cricket's Honey Pie papers. I used some shimmery blue card stock for the base. My image of course is the fabulous Magnolia Cutie Pie Sitting on her Strawberry. My flowers are from Martha Stewart.

Down at Magnolia Down Under they are looking for Thank You cards. I keep entering this challenge, but have not even gotten honorable mention in this challenge. It is almost impossible to win in this challenge as they don't go by random generator, but hand pick the winners. I've been entering since the beginning and have never even receive a top five honor, but I will keep trying as this is now my goal.

Well back to the grind tomorrow. The kids are back in school after a 4 day Easter weekend of absolutely perfect spring weather. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Tomorrow is bowling and Jenny Craig weigh in. (I think it's measuring day as well, oops better get the sit ups in, lol). I'm off to the high school track for a 4 lap jaunt with my girlfriend.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Ps. I think the new total is 20 lbs, but I'll know more tomorrow.

11 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Carolyn,
This is a fantastic card. I love the paper and the image is gorgeous. The design is awesome.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Tracey Feeger said...

Carolyn this is gorgeous. Wonderful. I love it. Love all the folds. Perfect for the challenge. thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

Anonymous said...

wow i love your card the folds are fantastic.love everything about your cards,
xx

Debbie Pamment said...

Wow Carolyn – what a fabulous job you’ve done with the challenge – your card is gorgeous. Love the different fold - will have to try it out sometime!
Thanx sooo much for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

Debbie said...

Hello Carolyn, I am a brand new blogger, but had to say your card is lovely. Love the Cosmo Cricket papers, they are so sweet. Well done. Debbiexx

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, and such a clever design! I love the cute Tilda on the strawberry, and both are so beautifully colored! These papers are gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Magnolia Down Under!
Hugs,
April

Shelley said...

Love your card! The papers are lovely and yo have used and coloured a grogeous image. hugs shelley

please visit me on my blog - thanks

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

Danielle said...

Wow - fantastic card Carolyn! What an awesome fold and I just love that paper! Your colouring of Tilda is adorable and she's so beautiful perched there on her strawberry! Keep on trying with your challenges Carolyn - your talent will get recognised!! :)
Hugs, Danielle

Kellie said...

Gorgeous card all that folding is so effective I think I might have to give this one a try and those paper YUMMY can now see me having to add more to my collection. Thank you so much for always entering MDUC and entering this week. We at MDUC don't believe in using Random.Org.
Hugs Kel

Mina said...

what a great fold Carolyn, I love this Tilda sitting on the strawberry...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Jodie from Oz said...

Hi Carolyn, Your thank you card is beautiful and Tilda is adorable. I love the folds of this wonderful card and the pretty papers. A great take on the challenge. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Have a great day. Hugs Jodie from Oz