Sunday, March 28, 2010

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Flower Power



This week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge we are looking for cards or projects with tons of flowers. They must be bright and cheery spring colors. For my project I created a watering can. I used yellow cardstock for the can. I followed a template that you can access here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/wateringcan/.
Heli has a beautiful tutorial for making it.
For my stamped image I used the Lockhart Mini Stamp - Front Porch Flowers. I colored it with my copics and added some pearls around the scalloped Nestability.

For my flowers I used Jillibean paper from the Egg Drop Soup Collection. I cut strips of different heights. 12" x 1", 12" x 1/2 ", 12 " x 3/4". I then used my score pal and scored every 1/2 inch. I folded it like an accordian. I glued the two ends together, then there's the tough part. You flip the circle so that it is laying flat on it's side. I already have a pre-glued circle waiting. When it is flipped successfully, I add it onto the circle and prop a weight on it until it's dry. When dry I added some different flower centers. Some are buttons, and a brad. On some of the edges I cut triangles out, and on others I used Martha Stewart edge punches. I had tons of fun making this one. It was fun trying so come out of the box for this one.
This week our prize is from our amazing Sarah. Sarah is offering an All Night Media "Go Team " stamp set.
Let's see what you can create with tons of flowers.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

2 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Carolyn,
Glad you got blogger sorted out because I can now comment here.
The watering can is brilliant and the flowers are awesome. What a fantastic project and so well crafted. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Terry said...

Hiya Carolyn fab can of flowers sweetie...just love it. Hugs Terry