Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stamp With Fun - Sketch/ Magnolia Stamp Lovers - The Color Purple


Well today is turning out to be such a fabulous day. They are calling for temperatures up to 65 degrees. Spring is fast approaching us here in Ontario. Soon the gorgeous tulips will be springing up through the cool black soil, adding colors to the dull, baron gardens. Next will be the ever fragrant lilacs filling the air with their sweet aroma. My two favorite flowers uplift my spirts and fill me with energy to do all kinds of wonderful spring cleaning in my gardens and prepare my backyard for months of enjoyment. Then the bugging starts, the yearly start of nagging hubby to open the pool early so I can look in the back yard and see the beautiful blue of the water and not the depressing black cover on it. Well I hope everyone is having as fabulous a day as we are here.

For my card, I followed the beautiful sketch from Stamp with fun. I used my Martha Stewart Easter paper pack again. I ran the light green piece through the Cricket with the Swiss Dots folder to give it some dimension. I cut my Magnolia basket with my Nestibilities, and colored it with my copics. I colored my Tilda with my copics also and added glitter here and there. I had this lacy ribbon in my stash and added a bow of co-ordinating ribbon . The gems in the corner are from Martha Stewart, and the roses are from Cute Stamp and Card's Magnolia flowers.

Magnolia Stamp Lovers is asking for cards with purple, so I colored Tilda's dress purple and the flowers off the basket in purple also.

Well I'm off to get some more cards done. My lovely son turns 18 on Saturday and I've got 4 cards to make him. I also have 3 sympathy cards to do as well. Have a great day everyone.

Hugs xx
Carolyn

9 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Carolyn,
Wonderful card in fantastic colours. I love the layout and embellishments and Tilda is just so beautifully done. I love it.
Glad the weather is picking up for you. We are 40 degreesF after overnight snow which is now melting leaving us with a pool in our back garden although it is slowly being absorbed.
Hugs,
Fiona x

heidy said...

Oh Wow,Carolyn,this is goegeous,its raining here alot.
Hugs Heidy

Claude said...

I love the layers on this, Carolyn! I have to learn to color stamps like that, it's beautiful!

Unknown said...

You have done a great job, love all of the little details in this. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers! Hugs, Stephanie

Karen Wilson said...

Awesome job with the sketch, Carolyn! She looks so cute sitting on her basket and love those flowers!

Cindy said...

Here's that image I love again. And you've done her proud. Thanks for joining the MSL challenge. Cindy2

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Carolyn, what a pretty card. The image is adorable and the papers are gorgeous. The colour scheme is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

Tara Godfrey said...

Carolyn this is just super adorable...I just love it! I sooo need to ink up this Tilda she is soooo cute and you have coloured her beautifully! I love her on the basket too! Such pretty colours and I the glittery paper is the perfect touch!
Hugs,t

Anonymous said...

lovely! beautiful coloring!
Pam Going Postal