Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Baby Cards

I am really not one for shaped cards, however when I was on my Scrapbooking retreat 2 weekends ago, one of my friends was making these cards for her neice's baby shower. I just fell in love with them. I had to make them. I did 2, one in blue and one in pink. Well that started the bug going and before long most of the 18 women there were all making one, some were even making 25 of 4 different colors. I thought they'd be great for invitations to a baby shower, thank you cards for the mom to be, or even baby gift cards. I ordered everything needed to make more. I just followed a template that Diane told me was on Splitcoast Stampers for a onesies card. Then it was stamped with a stamp set that is retired from Stampin' Up. My next venture is to find this stamp set. You use the 1 3/8's circle punch from stampin' Up and also their scalloped punch. The baby stamp in the middle is also part of that retired set, and has been stamped twice, cut out and pop dotted to raise it up. I garnished with a few beads from Stamping Bella and voila. Isn't it adorable. Just had to share these little darling cards.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

2 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Well, these are just too darn cute! Great idea!

Tanya said...

Very sweet Carolyn.