Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #21


This is my card for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge #21 which requires you to make a card with the following recipe: 4 papers, 3 brads, 2 ribbons, and 1 flower. This is what I came up with. I used my Basic Grey Wisteria paper which I have in every pattern, so finding 4 was no problem. I accented with mauve and green. I added 3 brads that I had previously purches at Michaels, I scalloped with my Martha Stewart Edge punch and layered 2 ribbons on top. Finally I threw on my favorite MS flower with some punched out greenery behind. I like putting the two different kinds of greenery with the flowers because I always get the extra whispy greenery whenever I purchase flowers. I used my UBER favorite Magnolia called Tilda on Prominade. She so reminds me of my little Shelby (although getting Shelby in a dress these days would be an accomplishment). I stamped my cut out Nestibility with the flowers from the summer kit of Magnolia and pop dotted my Tilda so it looked like she was strolling in the summer flowers. Hope you like it.

15 comments:

Marley said...

Great card Carolyn, beautifull papers too xxx Marley

Sue said...

Such a pretty card. Love that Tilda Image of her from the side, had not seen that one before and you colored her so beautifully. Papers are beautiful too, I love the wisteria papers from Basic Gray. Nice job on the challenge, hope to see you back for the next one.

Norma said...

Carolyn, what a beautiful card. I love this image of Tilda. I have not seen her too many times--she is just adorable. Love the soft colours you used. That BG Wisteria paper is gorgeous. Great layout.
Thanks for joining the challenge at MDUC.

Hugs,
Norma

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful sweet Tilda and fab papers.
luv
Debby

Rach said...

such a pretty card hun. hugs rachxx

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful soft colours and gorgeous DPs - a beautiful card Carolyn.
Thanx for playing along at MDUC
xXx

Mrs Mayne said...

Lovely card Carolyn - so pretty x

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness..this one is gorgeous! I love the 3D look you gave to her dress! Oh my!
Christine

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Carolyn,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Tanya said...

So very pretty Carolyn!

Marcea said...

This is so pretty - I love this sweet image and the soft lilacs
-x-

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

So very pretty! Thanks for joining in MDU.
Kristy

Paperaddict said...

such a cutie! Love the soft colours....

Ramona Michaluk said...

This is a beautiful card Carolyn - your combination of papers, ribbons and the colouring on the image is just gorgeous !
Lovely soft pastels - a really pretty card, love it!

Tracey Feeger said...

Wonderful card - love the muted colours.
thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace