Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Magnolia-licious Edwin Challenge


Well at long last my Magnolia Summer Club Kit came. I just adore all the images that came and it was worth every cent I paid. This little guy here is my first Edwin image. He is on his way to the beach for a little surfing. I found this paper at Michaels the other day, and knew it was absolutely perfect for this image. The punch is a Fiskars boarder punch called Boundary Waters. I glittered the sand at the bottom of the broken down fence to give it the shimmer of sand. Oh yeah, he really doesn't have a mouth, however I thought his head was a little big, and I was just experimenting when I put a small faded dot in the place of his mouth. I tried (DUH) to wipe it off and it smudged a tad giving him a surprised look. Maybe he got caught surfing on a restricted beach, LOL.

6 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Great job, Carolyn. He's quite cute. You colored him really well too. Enjoy your summer kit!

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Carolyn.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

lovely card Carolyn,lovin the image xx jo xx

dolcreations said...

This card is so nice! I love the image. I love this kit. I just need some time to sit and just make some cards! I love the paper, you are right it matches up perfectly!

Ila said...

This is So Fabulous and Super Cute!!...the papers are perfect..and your right...looks like he is saying OOOH...lol...Hugs, Ila

cabio's craft corner said...

Very neat. Love the Native Art embellishments you added to the background and the blings on Edwin's zipper really made him stand out of this card.
Hugs,
Cabio