Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just Magnolia Week #64 A Sketch By Bev/ Papertake Weekly Challenge - Cutie Patootie/Fussy and Fancy Friday's - Stitches, Scallops and Sparkle

Well what a fabulous Tuesday here in Ontario. Not quite as hot as it has been but still enough that I'm heading into the pool for the rest of the afternoon. Before I head off I wanted to get my post up for today.

I chose to follow the fabulous sketch at Just Magnolia by the talented Bev. Here's the sketch:

Isn't it beautiful.

I'm also entering my card into Papertake Weekly Challenge which is doing anything Cutie Patootie this week, (an easy one for me)!!

My Card also qualifies for the Wild Orchid Challenge - Say it with Flowers.

Finally I'm entering it as well into Fussy and Fancy Friday's Challenge where they're looking for cards with Stitches, Scallops and Sparkle.


For my card I used the most amazing Tilda yet, Ballerina Tilda. I just love her and this is my first chance to finally color her up. I was looking for the right papers to match her. These Heidi Grace papers called Flower Rings were perfect. I used my MS boarder punch called Daisy Edge punch. I colored her with my copics and added tons of glitter. I put a Martha Stewart wedding gem on her tiara. My sentiment is from Stamping Bella, and is one of my favorites. My ribbon is from CTMH, and the flowers are Prisma Flowers. I added greenery from my MS punch again.

Hope you like it. I am dying from this heat as hubby seems to always come home, from working in air conditioning I might add, to turning off the air conditioning at home where 5 of us suffer all day. Try surviving that with hot flashes, so I'm heading into the pool. I'll be thinking about you all as I'm cooling down this afternoon.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

10 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Carolyn,
This is a stunning card. It;s beautifully done. I love the colours and embellies and this is one of my favourite Tildas. She is so sweet.
Hugs,
Fiona x

dolcreations said...

Great card!

Marley said...

Beautiful card! Love this Tilda and your coloring is awesome xx Marley

dolcreations said...

Sorry Carolyn for the short comment on your card. I was at the computer REPAIR shop and was logged into your site to see if what the tech guy did worked....and happily it worked! But your blog was the ginney pig!
I so love that dancing Tilda....you have coloured her beautifully in the purples! I really like that layout and the paper you have used! Beauty Carolyn!

Cor* said...

Well you totally rocked the sketch. Love what you did with the slot punch & ribbon. Great coloring, DP & matching flowers. Thanks for joining in at Fussy & Fancy this fortnight! Good luck.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Carolyn, love it.
luv
Debby

scrapperjulia said...

This is such a great card! Love how you colored that image and the sheer ribbon. Stay cool!

Karen Wilson said...

I thought that was the shortest comment I've ever seen from Christine! LOL!

Pretty card, Carolyn. You colored her up beautifully. Sounds like you're enjoying that pool! I can't during the day bc I have the little daycare kiddie's and not taking the chance with 3 - 2 yr olds. Holidays are coming!! LOL!

Twin-Katis-PaperScrapworld said...

so wonderful card!

hugs Kati

Stampin Mindy said...

Very cute, love the colors and flowers!


Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia and Fussy and Fancy!